Urban Spaces understands that sometimes running a tenanted property can take up more time than anticipated. To assist with the day-to-day management of our landlord’s property, we provide them with a dedicated team, trained to deal with everything from leaky taps to adhering to the latest regulations. Comprehensive Property Management is an essential part of our lettings service – after finding the right tenant, we then look after the both parties throughout the tenancy agreement.
Quality personnel: We understand that we are dealing with people’s homes and have therefore employed a dedicated Property Management team, selected for their professionalism and understanding nature. Consequently, they’re highly regarded by both their clients and tenants.
Communication: We understand that every client is unique and have different preferences as to how they wish to receive updates about their property. At Urban Spaces we empower landlords to choose how they want to communicate with their Account Manager and the Property Management team; this can be done through our secure hub; my urban, or by email or telephone.
Visiting the property: Property Management cannot be carried out from an office alone. Our team therefore visits our landlord’s properties and manage maintenance matters before they have a chance to escalate.
Consultants: Urban Spaces works with a full range of consultants and specialists covering general maintenance, lifts, boilers, mechanical and engineering works, asbestos removal and other skilled trades, so that any work required can be carried out quickly and efficiently. Our expert consultants can also advise on modernisation and refurbishment programmes in order to maximise rental income.
Out of hours service: With Urban Spaces, tenants and landlords never have to deal with a call centre. Our unique online system, my urban, allows instant access to their online account, enabling them to quickly and easily log maintenance issues. This means we can streamline the way we deal with issues and manage response times effectively.
The services offered:
- Rent collection
- Registration of tenant’s deposit with a Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Pre-tenancy inspections – so tenants can move-in – stress-free
- Inventory check-in and check-out*
- Cleaning at the beginning and end of tenancy
- Supplementary property inspection requests
- Annual gas safety check and certificate
- PAT test on all electrical appliances*
- All communications with the tenant
- Production of monthly financial statements
- Payment of insurance, rates and service charges
- Handling of insurance claims
- Coordinating pre-tenancy requirements such as furniture orders, maintenance matters, etc.
- Managing the deposit release and any disputes at the end of the tenancy
- Handling any issues during the tenancy
- Chasing rent arrears
- Coordinating and managing contractors and any required maintenance work
- Serving notice when required
- Non UK Resident Landlords Taxation submissions to HMRC
- Empty care service, when the property is not tenanted
*in line with the tenancy terms
Protect your investment: For confidence and peace of mind, we will ensure any potential tenant is in a strong financial position to rent. In addition, landlords have access to our trusted financial services partner, Greene & Co. Financial Services. They can offer independent advice and solutions for any insurance needs, whether it is buildings, contents or landlord insurance that might be required.
They can also assist with mortgages, pensions, retirement planning, tax, savings and investment needs. The team is friendly, approachable and they understand that helping landlords manage their finances is a sensitive issue. What’s more, they can provide a full review of the landlord’s current financial situation.
Tenancy renewal: Our dedicated Renewals Department delivers a streamlined service for landlords and tenants. Three months prior to the end of the tenancy, they contact the landlord to discuss the renewal of their contract and any new terms they may wish to incorporate. We will then liaise with their tenants to negotiate the new terms. Once both parties reach an agreement, Urban Spaces will provide all relevant documents.
Contact the Property Management Team
Urban Spaces 020 7591 7342